How can you ensure the success of your company? This really is the ‘million-dollar question’ and one that every good business-owner seeks to address as they develop and expand their enterprise.
In this technological age, it’s all too easy to focus solely on online presence. We’re told so frequently that our websites are our online ‘shop-fronts’ that we invest significant amounts of cash into ensuring they’re mobile-friendly, easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing to view.
However, whilst focusing on these matters is important, it’s equally as vital to not forget your physical presence. If you don’t think your customers are judging you on your offices or business premises… you’re wrong!
The Importance of a Great Business Façade
It’s really important to have a good façade for your business premises. This is particularly the case if you regularly welcome customers into your company building. However, don’t think that just because you don’t have clientele in the office that you shouldn’t maintain a great exterior, particularly if your business property is somewhere prominent, such as in a town or busy commercial park.
Your premises are the physical embodiment of your company and if they’re looking shabby, uncared for or dated, this will directly reflect on your business. Here’s a list of the key things you should consider for your company façade.
Entrance Canopies, Great Signs, Landscaping… Getting the Details Right
- Your business sign is likely to be one of the first things that draws attention when people pass your property. If your sign is faded, peeling, or worse still, conveys information that is out of date, it’s important to get it replaced as soon as possible.
- Clean windows. It’s amazing how instantly noticeable grimy windows are to passers-by, but how blissfully unaware many business-owners are when their windows are looking dirty! Windows that are covered in dust, filth and cobwebs give a really bad impression of your business and send out the message that you don’t look after your company.
- Entrance canopies. If you have an entrance canopy, it’s a good idea to keep it as clean as possible. Although most are designed to resist rust and dirt, they’ll still need to be professionally cleaned from time to time, just like your windows.
- If you’ve got a lawn or any shrubs outside your premises, you’ll need to make sure that they are regularly maintained. Again, overgrown plants and grass may be great for wildlife, but not so great in terms of making the right impression.
Adding Value to Your Business with the Right Exterior
If you’re concerned about the exterior of your business premises and want to improve the appearance of your offices for your customers, there are a variety of things you can do to achieve this.
- If your windows are full of old leaflets, ornaments which are gathering dust and ancient, forgotten equipment, it’s time to have a clean-up. Remove all unnecessary items from your window ledges and clean windows on the inside as well as on the exterior.
- Invest in entrance canopies. An entrance canopy is a great way to give the appearance of authority and professionalism to your building. Plus it provides a great place for employees and customers alike to shelter.
- Smarten the approach. If you’ve got a path or stairs leading to your premises, make sure they are in good order. Cracked paving stones, broken fences or bent metal stair-railings will not help to create a good impression.
Investing in an Entrance Canopy for Your Company
If you’re keen to start improving the appearance of your company’s exterior, get in contact with Canopies by Acer today. We’ll work with you to create the perfect canopy for your premises, which will help to create a great impression of your business.